For sport fans, the season is never really over. We just wait around for pre-season, analyze talent and dispute all smack talk until the next season rolls around. No matter what sport you are into, good food plays a major factor when watching the game. If you don’t have your game face on when it comes to the menu, pull the team together with the best game day menu and tailgate recipes.
If you don’t know already, I am a die-hard Alabama Football fan and a pro at tailgating. Give me my ‘Bama shaker, cold beer and yummy food and I will watch football all day long.
Don’t tell my mom I said this, but tailgating isn’t just for football. As a Kentuckian, there’s this thing that’s called “basketball” and it’s pretty big around here.
Anyway, every now and again I’ll find myself invited to watch a game and I never like to show up to any party empty handed. I always like to keep my eye on the ball with the game day food.
Whether you are serving up a football feast or just hosting large hangout, these recipes will see you through! If you are searching for a new game day recipe to take to your next gathering, check out some of my favorites from the best cooks around.
Best Tailgating Recipes and Game Day Food
Whether you are hosting at your home or under a stadium tent, these recipes are easy to make and sure to please a crowd.
From Buffalo flavored snacks, made-from-scratch dips, tasty appetizers, soups, and the best burgers and sandwiches, here are some of my favorite recipes I’ve found.
Top 5 Best Tailgating Recipes for Football Parties
1. Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe – It’s a classic and a staple at tailgating events everywhere! The tangy flavor of Frank’s Hot Sauce has my mouth watering already. Whip this recipe up in a jiffy by poaching and shredding the chicken, then adding it to the cheesy, flavorful buffalo mixture in the crock-pot. Spaceships and Laserbeams has a winner!
2. Smoke Salmon Dip with Dill & Capers – Elevate your football party with this recipe from Pass Me Some Tasty. We love the smoked salmon flavor. Couple that with the zing of capers and the fresh dill, you’ve got yourself a fancy, but simple recipe everyone will love.
3. Jamaican Jerk Baked Wings – We all know that chicken waaannngs are a must at any tailgate gathering, but Hungry Hobby took it to a new level with the Jamaican Jerk flavor. Simply grab a bag of chicken wings from the frozen sections, douse them in Jamaican Jerk seasoning and tada! You’ve got chicken wings that are delicious and breading free! This recipe is paleo and gluten free.
4. Smoky Chipotle Turkey and Sweet Potato Chilli – I love versatility within a recipe, and Peas and Crayons read my mind with this chili recipe that can be made on the stove-top and the Instant Pot. As the smoky flavors and the sweet potato marries, they create a beautiful chili baby. 🙂 This recipe is excellent for those cooler football afternoons.
5. BBQ Bacon Burgers Cooked on a Discada – Step outside of your comfort zone by grilling burgers on a Discada. Rock Mountain Bliss walks you through the grilling process in her video. With only a handful of ingredients, these burgers are packed with flavor.
We love a good Alabama game paired with awesome food! What are some of your favorite game day dishes? Link to your recipes below!