College Gameday and Monday Night Football tailgates are in full swing and if you aren’t serving up the best gameday menu or tailgate recipes, you should be.
If you don’t know already, I am a die-hard Alabama Football fan and a pro at all things tailgating. Give me my ‘Bama shaker, cold beer and yummy food and I will watch football all day long.
As we get further into the season, there will be tons of great football watch parties and food to go around. If you are searching for a new gameday recipe to take to your next gathering, check out some of my favorites from the best cooks around.
Best Tailgating Recipes and Gameday Food
Whether you are hosting at your home or under a stadium tent, these recipes are easy to make and sure to please a crowd.
From Buffalo flavored snacks, made-from-scratch dips, tasty appetizers, soups, and the best burgers and sandwiches, here are some of my favorite recipes I’ve found.
Top 5 Best Tailgating Recipes
1. Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe – It’s a classic and a staple at tailgating events everywhere! The tangy flavor of Frank’s Hot Sauce has my mouth watering already. Whip this recipe up in a jiffy by poaching and shredding the chicken, then adding it to the cheesy, flavorful buffalo mixture in the crockpot. It’s sure to be a winner!
2. Smoke Salmon Dip with Dill & Capers – Elevate your football party with this recipe from Pass Me Some Tasty. The smoked salmon flavor is a favorite of ours. Couple that with the zing of capers and the fresh dill, you’ve got yourself a fancy, but simple recipe everyone will love.
3. Jamaican Jerk Baked Wings – We all know that chicken waaannngs are a must at any tailgate gathering, but Hungry Hobby took it to a new level with the Jamaican Jerk flavor. Simply grab a bag of chicken wings from the frozen sections, douse them in Jamaican Jerk seasoning and tada! You’ve got chicken wings that are delicious and breading free! This recipe is paleo and gluten free.
4. Smoky Chipotle Turkey and Sweet Potato Chilli – I love versatility within a recipe, and Peas and Crayons read my mind with this chilli recipe that can be made on the stovetop and the Instant Pot. As the smoky flavors and the sweet potato marries, they create a beautiful chilli baby. 🙂 This recipe is excellent for those cooler football afternoons.
5. BBQ Bacon Burgers Cooked on a Discada – Step outside of your comfort zone by grilling burgers on a Discada. Rock Mountain Bliss walks you through the grilling process in her video. With only a handful of ingredients, these burgers are packed with flavor.
We love a good Alabama game paired with awesome food! What are some of you favorite gameday dishes? Link to your recipes below!